CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Entry is competitive and only applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- All students must complete the UT admissions process before being considered for the Honors Program.
- Incoming freshmen need an overall high school GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Current UT students and transfer students need an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Returning students without current GPAs or test scores will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- All students will submit two, 400-800 word essays, responding to the to the essay prompt section. We recommend that you compose your essay in a word-processing program. Please check for spelling and grammatical errors.
There is no application deadline, but students must apply by the following deadlines to receive priority registration for the following semester.
- Fall Admission: March 16th at noon
- Spring Admission: November 1st